Welcome to Episode 71 where we will discuss stem cells and breast cancer. As always go to stemcellpodcast.com for all of our episodes and to sign up for the newsletter.
The Science Round Up
We begin with the world famous Science Round Up, sponsored by Biotechne and discuss the latest science/stem cell news including:
- Antibiotics may help fight Alzheimer’s disease.
- Nail biting and thumb sucking in childhood might have positive effects.
- Scientists come up with the most detailed human brain map.
- Choroid plexus controls stem cells in the brain.
- Cartilage grown from stem cells could replace hip implants.
- Scientists develop new bio ink for 3D printing with stem cells.
The interview with Dr. Christine Pratt
For the interview portion of the show, sponsored by STEMCELL Technologies, we bring on professor and researcher Dr. Christine Pratt from the University of Ottawa to discuss her research on breast cancer. After that we close the show with our signature rant, this week we rant about people’s relationship with the sun! Enjoy! [Read more…]