Welcome everyone to Episode 80 of The Stem Cell Podcast. As always go to stemcellpodcast.com for all of our episodes and to sign up for the newsletter.
The Science Round Up
We begin with the world famous Science Round Up and discuss the latest science/stem cell news including:
- Dogs form memories of experiences.
- Lower social status affects immune system.
- A new fetal genome test.
- Synthetic recording and in situ readout of lineage information.
- Take a journey to the inside of a stem cell.
- Neural progenitors on the outside of brain.
- Inhibition of mTOR pauses pluripotency.
The interview with Dr. Jen Adair
For the interview portion of the show, sponsored by STEMCELL Technologies, we bring on Dr. Jen Adair, assistant member of the clinical research division at the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center, and Assistant Professor of medical oncology at the University of Washington School of Medicine. Adair’s group investigates retrovirus-based gene transfer into hematopoietic stem cells as a viable treatment for genetic, malignant and infectious diseases. After this we close the show with a signature SCP rant. Enjoy! [Read more…]