Thanks for tuning in for Episode 57, “Curiosity” featuring Duane Fernandez. This and all of our episodes are sponsored by Thermo-Fisher Scientific. Go to stemcellpodcast.com for all of our episodes and to sign up for the newsletter. We begin as always with the Science Round Up and discuss the latest science/stem cell news including:
- A woman that can smell Parkinson’s disease?
- Will we ever be able to treat female infertility with stem cells?
- A new gene that regulates the stem cell number
- A new stem cell model of bi-polar disorder
- A common allergy medication might help your brain
For the interview portion of the show, sponsored by STEMCELL Technologies, we bring on writer, director and photographer Duane Fernandez to talk about how curiosity drives him and his work. We talk to Duane on his experience with helping people from all walks of life and business experience their true potential and how this can apply to science. Finally we close the show with our signature rant on labeling tubes. Enjoy! [Read more…]