First off thank you everyone for listening to us in 2015, we had a really great year and excited for what’s to come in 2016! Our current show is Episode 60, “Stemcentrx” ft. Dr. Scott Dylla. The Stem Cell Podcast is presented by Thermo-Fisher Scientific, please go to stemcellpodcast.com for all our episodes and to sign up for our newsletter. In this episode we do not do a traditional science round but instead review some of the talks that can be found on the 24 Hour of Stem Cell event put on by Thermo-Fisher. Some of these talks include:
- Bio-materials for stem cells and organoids
- Activity of neurons firing in a dish
- Tissue engineering for cardiac repair
- Modeling predisposition to schizophrenia using iPS cells
- shRNA screens identify regulators of stem cell self-renewal.
For our interview we bring on Scott Dylla, CSO and co-founder of Stemcentrx a really cool new company that is using novel technology to target stem cells as a therapy for different cancers. Finally we close out the year with a rant on making up solutions that won’t dissolve.
Happy Holidays and New Year!
Photo Reference: Courtesy of Scott Dylla