Alright everyone, here is Episode 62, “Forever Young” featuring Dr. Aubrey de Grey. This and all of our episodes are sponsored by Thermo-Fisher Scientific. Go to stemcellpodcast.com for all of our episodes and to sign up for our newsletter.
We begin as always with the Science Round Up, sponsored by Biotechne and discuss the latest science/stem cell news including:
- differences in males and females stress susceptibility
- key elements of healthy eating habits
- a new marker of stem cells in the ovaries
- engineered stem cells may help in ALS
- how squeezing cells can help reprogramming efficiency
For the interview portion of the show, sponsored by STEMCELL Technologies, we bring on writer, and researcher Dr. Aubrey de Grey to discuss his work on anti-aging. We talk with Dr. de Grey on his latest findings and his ultimate goal of eliminating aging so we call can one day celebrate our 1000th birthday. After this, there is a rant about how ridiculous cable bills are. [Read more…]