Welcome everyone to Episode 74 of The Stem Cell Podcast. As always go to stemcellpodcast.com for all of our episodes and to sign up for the newsletter.
The Science Round Up
We begin with the world famous Science Round Up, sponsored by Biotechne and discuss the latest science/stem cell news including:
- A ban on antibacterial soap.
- Zika virus spreading through Florida.
- A new way to make bone from stem cells.
- Stem cells and brain cancer.
- Stem cells to model dementia.
The interview with Dr. Shuibing Chen
For the interview portion of the show, sponsored by STEMCELL Technologies, we bring on stem cell biologist Dr. Shuibing Chen from Weill Cornell Medical College to discuss her work on stem cells and diabetes. After this we close the show with a rant about “The Pharma Industry.” Enjoy! [Read more…]