Welcome everyone to Episode 91 of The Stem Cell Podcast. As always go to stemcellpodcast.com for all of our episodes and to sign up or re-subscribe (if you are a current subscriber) for the newsletter. In this episode, we talk with Dr. Rick Horwitz and Dr. Graham Johnson of the Allen Institute for Cell Science in Seattle
The Science Round Up
For this week’s round-up, we’d like to remind our listeners of Connexon’s ESC & iPSC News, a free, weekly newsletter summarizing all of the latest research, news, jobs and events in pluripotent stem cell research, delivered right to your inbox every Wednesday! Save time and keep current with ESC & iPSC News. Subscribe for free at escellnews.com.
This week, in the world-famous Science Round Up, we discuss the latest science/stem cell news including:
- The “March for Science.”
- HPV Vaccine as a Cancer Prevention Needs to be Emphasized.
- Neuron rewiring can lead to depression.
- Zika hangs out in out the body.
- Is CIRM on its last leg?
- CRISPR editing to fight arthritis.
- CRISPR and stem cells identify novel chlamydia targets.
- Activating stem cells for quicker healing.
The interview with Dr. Rick Horwitz and Dr. Graham Johnson [Read more…]