Welcome everyone to Episode 72 of The Stem Cell Podcast. As always go to stemcellpodcast.com for all of our episodes and to sign up for the newsletter.
The Science Round Up
We begin with the world famous Science Round Up, sponsored by Biotechne and discuss the latest science/stem cell news including:
- Young sunflowers use circadian rhythms to follow the sun.
- Young people agree to pay for antiaging trials.
- Science literacy does not necessarily lead to greater support of science.
- Chimera research requires extra review according to NIH policy.
- Correction of WAS-iPSCs restores lymphoid cell development and function.
- Mammalian chimeras are a provocative resource for regenerative medicine.
The interview with Dr. Ritchie Ho
For the interview portion of the show, sponsored by STEMCELL Technologies, we bring on Dr. Ritchie Ho, a postdoctoral fellow from Cedars-Sinai with his latest study on induced pluripotent stem cell in-vitro model of ALS. After that we close the show with our signature rant on “unboxing videos.” Enjoy! [Read more…]