Alright everyone, we are so happy to be back after our short podcast break, and we are excited to kick things off with a fantastic guest. As always go to stemcellpodcast.com for all of our episodes and to sign up for the newsletter.
In this episode, our new hosts Dr.Kiki and Dr. Daylon James, introduce themselves and then move into the Science Round Up, sponsored by Biotechne and discuss the latest science/stem cell news including:
- Climate change effects on wine production,
- Males in US live shorter lives than from other countries,
- Drugs like Tylenol and Advil are bad for your heart,
- Restoring memories in Alzheimer’s patients,
- Making sperm from stem cells,
- A new CRISPR technique,
- A new reprogramming paradigm for blood stem cells,
- A core complex that regulates blood stem cell self-renewal.
For the interview portion of the show, sponsored by STEMCELL Technologies, we bring on stem cell researcher Dr. Joe Zhou from Harvard to discuss his work and latest paper in Cell Stem Cell. After this, our hosts rant about what to do with all the artwork kids bring home from school.
Below are all of the papers mentioned in this episode. Enter in your name and e-mail address below to have these paper summaries emailed to you directly when each episode is published.[Read more…]