Welcome everyone to Episode 79 of The Stem Cell Podcast. As always go to stemcellpodcast.com for all of our episodes and to sign up for the newsletter.
The Science Round Up
We begin with the world famous Science Round Up and discuss the latest science/stem cell news including:
- New antibody therapy for Zika.
- Single cell small RNA sequencing.
- President-Elect Trump and stem cells.
- Dedifferentiation of hepatocytes.
- Using video games to speed up brain research.
- Chromatin, stem cells, and cancer.
The interview with Dr. Alpa Mahuvakar
For the interview portion of the show, sponsored by STEMCELL Technologies, we bring on Dr. Alpa Mahuvakar Trivedi, a molecular biologist in the Department of Neurosurgery at University California San Francisco. Alpa and her team have recently published a paper on generating neural cells from stem cells to help pain and bladder function after spinal cord injury. After this we close the show with a signature Stem Cell Podcast rant. Enjoy! [Read more…]