Happy New Year everyone, thanks for all the support in 2015 and looking forward to a great 2016. The Stem Cell Podcast is presented by Thermo-Fisher Scientific, please go to stemcellpodcast.com for all our episodes and to sign up for our newsletter. In this episode we start with our signature science roundup, a quickie but goodie. Some of the papers we discuss include:
- New elements added to the periodic table
- Stem cells to save the endangered white rhino species
- A new way to make serotonin neurons
- Human stem cells injected into a mouse embryo
- Stem cells can make cells that help functionally recover a model of spinal cord injury.
For the interview portion of the show sponsored by STEMCELL Technologies, we feature some of our conversations with attendees from the 2015 World Stem Cell Summit from Atlanta, GA. Finally we close with a rant on noisy radiators and how heat dries out your nose.
Happy New Year!
Below are all of the papers mentioned on the show. We are working on a way to categorize all of the research papers we mention and possibly even provide audio summaries. Enter in your name and e-mail address below, and we will notify you of when this feature is available. [Read more…]