The Immunology Podcast is looking for hosts!
Are you an immunology researcher with a flair for science communication and conversation? STEMCELL Technologies is looking for two experienced scientists to host the Immunology Podcast—a brand new podcast covering the latest advances in immunology, including topics such as adaptive and innate immunity, immune regulation, autoimmunity, immunotherapy, and infectious disease research. Our goal with the Immunology Podcast is to provide a platform for widely-accessible, long-form, unscripted dialogue to share scientific findings, knowledge and expertise with the global immunology research community. This will be a sister podcast to the well-known Stem Cell Podcast, which was established in 2015 and has amassed a global following, with over 600,000 downloads to date and more than 10,000 downloads per month.
We’re on the lookout for individuals who can bring an energetic and unique presence to the Immunology Podcast with their demonstrated passion for communicating cutting-edge research in the field of immunology. The hosts will be responsible for summarizing and providing insight on new findings in the field of immunology research, and facilitating engaging, informative conversations with podcast guests. This is an excellent opportunity for an immunology researcher to broaden their expertise and meet global experts in the field.
The Immunology and Stem Cell Podcasts are produced by STEMCELL Technologies, a biotechnology company that provides tools and services to scientists globally. The podcasts are part of STEMCELL’s Scientific Communication Program, which serves to keep scientists current and connected with their fields.The Immunology Podcast host is a fixed-term part-time contract-based employment opportunity with STEMCELL Technologies.
- Keep up-to-date with the immunology field by maintaining strong and current knowledge of key developments, recent publications, and the overall research community.
- Work with STEMCELL’s Scientific Communications Team to find recent, relevant, and impactful publications for the podcast roundup segments.
- Prepare for upcoming episodes, including reviewing relevant scientific literature for the roundup and guest segments.
- Co-host bi-monthly podcast episodes with support from the management team.
- Promote the Immunology Podcast by sharing episodes and engaging with audiences across social media platforms.
- Represent the Immunology Podcast at various events and meetings.
- Support STEMCELL’s Scientific Communications team in preparing short written summaries of each episode for promotion of the podcast.
- PhD in a relevant field, with current employment as an immunology researcher.
- Proven record of contributing to the field of immunology, including authored academic publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Comprehensive understanding of scientific literature, and familiarity with key opinion leaders in the immunology field.
- A demonstrated passion for understanding and communicating cutting edge research.
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of fluency in the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight and strict deadlines.
- Proficiency with social media tools and platforms.
- Prior radio or podcast experience is a strong asset.
This is a 1-year contract position requiring approximately 10 hours of preparation and 3 hours of recording per month. Note that this position requires the candidate to have flexible availability during working hours. Compensation will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, please select the apply button below. You will be directed to a form where you will be prompted to upload a cover letter, CV, and a short recording of yourself discussing a recent paper in the field of immunology research.
Thank you for your interest in the Immunology Podcast!