Want to be the next Stem Cell Podcast co-host?
Are you an experienced stem cell researcher with a flair for science communication and conversation? The Stem Cell Podcast is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as podcast co-host! We’re on the lookout for someone with a demonstrated passion for communicating cutting-edge research in the field of stem cell biology, who can bring an energetic and unique presence to the podcast. In partnership with the current host, Dr. Daylon James, the co-host will be responsible for summarizing and providing insight on new findings in the field of stem cell biology, and facilitating engaging, informative conversations with podcast guests. We’re looking for someone who can bring their scientific expertise and experience to the conversation, working with guests to share knowledge with the field.
- Keep up-to-date with the stem cell biology field by maintaining strong and current knowledge of key developments, recent publications, and the overall research community.
- Work with management to find recent, relevant, and impactful publications for the podcast roundup segments.
- Prepare for upcoming episodes, including reviewing relevant scientific literature for the roundup and guest segments.
- Co-host bi-monthly podcast episodes with support from the management team.
- Promote the Stem Cell Podcast by sharing episodes and engaging with audiences across social media platforms.
- Represent the Stem Cell Podcast at various events and meetings.
- PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant field, with current employment as a stem cell researcher.
- Proven record of contributing to the field of stem cell biology, including authored academic publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Comprehensive understanding of scientific literature, and familiarity with key opinion leaders in stem cell research.
- A demonstrated passion for understanding and communicating cutting edge research.
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight and strict deadlines.
- Proficiency with social media tools and platforms.
- Prior radio or podcast experience is a strong asset.
This is a 1-year contract position requiring approximately 10 hours of preparation and 3 hours of recording per month. Note that this position requires the candidate to have flexible availability during working hours. Compensation will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, please select the apply button below. You will be directed to a form where you will be prompted to upload a cover letter, CV, and a short recording of yourself discussing a recent paper in the field of stem cell biology.
Thank you for your interest in the Stem Cell Podcast!